Saturday, August 22, 2009

LETTERBOXING. . .

Everyday this week the kids and I have went letter boxing!! It has been so much fun and best of all...it's free!!! So if you've never done it...here is what you do...or at least how we do it!!
First you get a stamp that kind of describes you, or if your super talented carve one of your own...we would now like to try this our selves! You'll also need a notebook to stamp the stamp you find on and a ink pad! Once you've got all your stuff, get on line google Letter boxing and get some clues for a letter box near you, and your off!!

You follow the clues until you find the hidden box, in the "letter box' is a notebook, where you stamp your stamp and write a message if you'd like and then you take the stamp you've just found and stamp your book, we also write where we found it the date and maybe a few detail of the day!!!

This has become one of our favorite things to do this summer!! We've done it all over near our home and a couple different locations at the coast!! Beenz is the clue reader and Mase calls him, self Mr.Detective Man, Moosee is just happy to follow!!

We have visited so many different parks and done lots of little hikes that I would have never thought to do on my own, it's made the summer really interesting!!! We also like to sometimes take lunch and kind of make a day out of it!! Lots are really easy walks so if you've never done it try it!! I'm sure you'll love it!! We DO!!!

4 comments:

Carol at WRESA said...

I haven't ever letterboxed! Looks like great fun! I will definitely try it! Great pictures! Kiss Berklee, Mason, and Marlee for me!!!

Chuck and Holly said...

OK I still don't understand what it is that you're doing! You'll have to fill me in, in person:-)

Erica Johnston said...

How do you do this amd the laundry! I swear you have more hours in the day- you're amazing!

Anonymous said...

letterboxing, sersiously, one of my favorite passtimes! My favorite one, is one you have to raft down the Rogue to get. Somewhere in hells canyon.