Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Ahhhh....THE CRUISE!!!!





Last Sunday we left for our traditional "Leap Year Cruise"! We went on a cruise for our honey moon in 2000, they happened to go on another in 04, and then decided that we would try to make leap year our cruise year! It's amazing how fast 4 years went and how much has changed!! Monday we boarded "Paradise"!!









Our favorite port was probably Catalina Island! We rented a Golf Cart and drove all the island. They kids thought that the golf cart was so much fun!! It was beautiful, and warm.....fun!!




We had so much fun on the boat...cruises are the way to go....so relaxing....all your food is taken care of....tuns of fun stuff to do....you go different places and only unpack once! Our favorites on board were of course the pool, minuter golfing, movies... the shows but the most favorite of all for the kids was having our beds turned down! Their beds came out off the walls and when we'd go out at night and then come back to our room, their bed would be down and there would always be some kind of towel animal on the bed with little mints! The kids loved it, they look forward to it all day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We got off the boat and told the kids we had a surprise for them....they were so excited but really had no idea what we were doing. I had packed their Mickey Ears with out them knowing and so Chris and put them on and looked at them and said...really you have no idea where we are going?!!! They got it pretty quick and were so excited! My awesome Aunt and Uncle could get us in for free...so how can you pass that up!! We picked up my little couz Preslee to come with us! Berklee loved having her and talked her ear off ( poor Preslee!!) It was not crowded and was beautiful weather, about 75 degrees, so it was a great day in the park!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a great vacation!! I started this post Monday and am just now finishing it...back to the grind!!!

4 comments:

Shonda said...

Ohh my goodness, that looks like a blast! So fun to see all the pics of your cute family!

You're smarter than me. hubby and I are going to NY city for a few days. Just a much needed get away. However, we decided to leave the kids behind, and now I can't relax about going. I want them to come too. What if the plane goes down!!!!! I want them with me. I'll be a total wreck the entire time. So much for fun and relaxing. So, yes, you're smarter. You booked it for the entire fam!

Crystal said...

oh steph, I AM JEALOUS!!! i would love to take a cruise again. we have always planned to go for our 10 year, but it seems like such a long time away. i didn't realize that there was so much you could do on a cruise ship with little kids.

i am gettting excited to make plans for camping! still need to look at dates, but we'll figure something out.

Shelby said...

stephanie! So fun! Looks like a great time. I liked Catalina Island, too. I'm so glad the weather was so nice. I look forward to seeing you soon . . . also, please include me on your private blog. If you don't have my email, let me know!

Shalyse said...

OH MY CUTENESS!!! I am so jealous of all your adventures. But you forgot to include Chris' favorite part of the WHOLE trip...THE BOOKS! :-) hahaha, Brian is still dying at that! you guys are too cute! I love all of their outfits, Gymboree is the best! :-)

Loves~