Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Our Christmas Tree Adventure...


Moosee, just tagg'en along!!
Nana was scared, for real, that we were going to see a bear! Chris told her this black moss was bear hair and for a while she believed it! It was hilarious!!!!!!

My mountain man!!
That tree...behind us...that was the one!!!
Beenz was just happy girl...like always!!
Mase is ready to cut down the tree...
This Christmas we decided, instead of pay 60 dollars for a tree from a lot like last year, we would go out in to the forest and cut down our own tree, for 5 dollars!
Wow!!! I had know idea that this would be so super fun!!! It was such a great day!
I was real nervous about it all and how the kids would do, but they did great!
We drove up to the top of a huge mountain, Beenz was not so happy about this part, she is SO scared of falling off the mountain, any time we drive somewhere like this she has a fit, it did not help that Nana came and is the same way!!
But once we got there it was BEAUTIFUL!!
It was sunny and the views were breath taking!!!
We started out looking for a beautiful Christmas tree and after over an hour I was ok with any tree! Big....small...thin, I didn't care!! Thank goodness it was not to much after this point that we found our tree! Mase, thought that he was pretty cool since he helped Chris saw it down and then give it the last big push to watch it fell to the ground!!
The kids had so much fun hiking through the woods, as did Chris and I!! It was just a really fun day, we will definitely do this again next year!!!

1 comment:

Robyn Cheney said...

That sure takes me back. We always went into the woods and cut down our own tree growing up and I remember the first time after getting married and living in the city, we had to buy a tree... it felt weird.
We have yet to be able to do the trek into the woods here, but the last two years we have found tree farms that let you trek back into their land and pick out a tree. It is the closest thing we have found and we have loved it so much more than just buying a pre-cut.
Your post also made me miss the Mountains... having lived at the top of one in N. Idaho for 5-6 years. We have very small mountains here, but nothing like the what I am used to!
Your kids always look so cute. I was thinking about our random pictures that we have and often, my three girls have hair going everywhere! (like right now as I look at gracie in a shirt and diaper and her hair doing that "I just had a rubberband in my hair and now I have that funny lump to prove it" thing and her curls are looking pretty crazy)
I love to read your blogs though, it makes me feel like we are closer!
love ya