Tuesday, February 12, 2008

LIFE....!

So..I have been buys, so busy that somedays I wake up and think ok...I don't want to have my day, maybe some else can go work out, and start breakfast and do Beenz hair yadda yadda yadda...what a horriable way to feel! So today I was looking for something, something that Chris and I have been looking for since we flew to Disneyland in October and we have to have in March when we go to Mexico, I was looking every where, and Mason dropped a glass jar of strawberry jam, (nothing survies a drop on tile floor I've learned) Marlee crawled throw it, both kids are crying and I kind of feel like I want to cry too! Anyway, after some sticky cleaning I was back to searching...I came across this poem, it is so special to me! My Grandmother, Deedee as we called her, wrote it and gave it to me and my girl cousins Christmas 2000, I was prego with my first as was my other cousin, my sister in law was prego with her 2nd and my other cousin also prego with her 2nd! What a specail thing to all be prego together! As I read this poem and thought about my Deedee, my par-a-dime shifted!! I miss her sooo much and what an amazing mother and grandmother she was! Even now as she has passed on, she is still comforting me and teaching me!! So here is the poem..I hope it makes some one else, who might be in a funk today, realize what is really important!
To MY Grandchildren
One day your house will be without...
A little girls giggle or a young boys shout
They'll be no scuff marks on the floor...
Small finger prints you'll see no more
You'll realize then, each day was short
And be sorry for those time you were out of sorts
The best things in life will be
Those happy times in your memory
So enjoy each day of your childrens life
And be prepared for those times of strife Treasure the things they do and say
Praying always that they won't stray
Remeber THESE are the days you will long for
To hear little children at your door...

3 comments:

Crystal said...

oh, that's beautiful! what a lovely poem. i love things like this. it's always a great reminder to enjoy these moments with our children because they surely don't last forever. day to day life can be challenging, but i can't imagine my life without my precious family. i would be nothing without my children and husband. this is a great poem steph. you have a wonderful grandmother.

and i didn't know you were going to mexico! party-on women!! any special reason why you are going?

Shalyse said...

That is a great poem, and how cool that you came across it right when you really needed it. I love it, I may have to print it out and read it often! :-) Hope you found what you were looking for!

Chuck and Holly said...

I have to say this poem is something I read almost daily. I keep it framed in Ryans room, so I see it all the time. It definetly keeps her with me through all of my trials with them. I love it!! I also just found a poem she wrote me for my 17th birthday. I was unpacking and decided to go through all of our misc. junk, and I am so glad I did.